Getting in my greens is very important to me, so everyday I try to eat a huge salad loaded with sprouts and a variety of greens. I just feel better when I’m eating light, clean, and green. Don’t you?
This is a salad recipe I have been making forever, and I never tire of it. It’s the perfect combo of crunch from the sprouts, creaminess from the avocado massaged kale, and the savory umami flavor that comes from the nutritional yeast and liquid aminos.
This recipe can vary a lot, depending on what I have on hand and any in-the-moment inspirations that usually result in additional ingredients making their way into the salad. I have listed the main salad ingredients below, but please make it your own as well. And, if you come up with a new ingredient to add and you absolutely love it, please share it on this post. I want to try it… plus it’s fun to create together.
super greens salad
Yield 1-2 servings
- WASH. Rinse kale and greens and let dry.
- CHOP. Chop green onions, only keeping the green part.
- TEAR. Tear off bite size pieces of the kale, discard stems.
- MASSAGE. In a bowl, squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over bite size pieces of kale, add a sprinkle of salt and 1/2 avocado. With your (clean) hands, massage the lemon juice, salt and avocado into the kale for 1-2 minutes until kale breaks down to a softer texture. Sprinkle massaged kale well with nutritional yeast.
- COMBINE. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- DRESS. Add liquid aminos and give another slight toss.
- GARNISH. With seeds of choice.