There are so many different versions of this raw cacao ball recipe out there, but this is my standard recipe and it varies depending on what I have on hand on any given day. I make these little treats often when my husband is wanting something sweet, because they are a great sweet and healthy snack that you can grab on the run. They are also rich and dense, so you only need one to be satisfied. Sometimes, I’ll have one for breakfast with my coffee. I’ve always liked something sweet with my coffee, a habit I got from my pastry-eating father.
This recipe can be easily altered to your liking, so play around and experiment with the ingredients.
This recipe is:
What’s your favorite variation of this recipe? I would love to hear in the comments below.
raw cacao truffle balls
Yield 18 balls
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of your choice
- 1 teaspoon maca powder organic maca powder
- dash of cinnamon
- Shredded coconut, pistachios, cinnamon, sesame seeds or anything else you would like to roll the balls in.
- SOAK. Soak dates in bowl of warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
- COMBINE. Place the dates, nuts, cacao, melted coconut oil, nut butter, maca, and cinnamon in your food processor and process until it becomes one big ball of dough. You can add a teaspoon of filtered water if it's not sticking together.
- ROLL. Roll mixture into bite size balls. This recipe makes about 15-18 balls.
- TOP. Roll balls in shredded coconut, cinnamon or anything you would like for the outer coating and store in the freezer.
- EASY PEASY! ENJOY!