This is my favorite dressing. I love to put it on fresh salads, falafel, and veggie and rice bowls. I have even been known to dip apples in it. Yum! I’ve been making it and eating it for many years and never tire of it. I was first introduced to it many years ago at Golden Bridge yoga, in their cafe. I would pile up a fresh salad from their organic salad bar and then smother it with this dressing. I would beg their chef for the recipe, but they would never budge. So, I started tinkering around the kitchen and making my own. It’s actually quite simple and you can find recipes for it all over the Internet. This just happens to my favorite version.
This recipe is:
lemon tahini dressing
- 1/2 cup tahini, see my tahini post
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- BLEND. Put all ingredients into Vitamix or high-speed blender, starting with 2/3 cup water and building up the water to your desired consistency. Prefer it as a sauce, instead of a dressing, use less water.
- STORE. Pour finished tahini into an airtight container. It can store for 5-6 days in the refrigerator.
- TIP. This is a great base recipe, and I use it all the time. Sometimes I will add a bit of toasted sesame seed oil or apple cider vinegar to mix it up. Have fun with it and find your desired recipe.