FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHY CHICKFOODTV? I had the idea for ChickfoodTV many years ago. I have always referred to my favorite dishes as “CHICKFOOD.” Also, being either vegan or vegetarian for most of my life, I have often been accused of only eating bird food. So it was a perfect fit. I added the “TV” part to it because the main content of this site is cooking/recipe videos and my other interests lie in the television and film industry.
- DO YOU HAVE ANY FORMAL CULINARY TRAINING? Yes, I am a graduate of the Professional Plant-Based Certification Course at Rouxbe Cooking School. I also frequently attend workshops and classes around the Los Angeles to further hone my craft.
- DO YOU HOLD WORKSHOPS? At this time no. Right now ChickfoodTV is a one-women show with the occasional help from my extremely busy husband. Building this vlog, developing new recipes, and shooting my food photography and videos just doesn’t leave much extra time. But it is something I definitely plan to do in the future.
- CAN I SHARE YOUR RECIPES? No. I do not allow the “copy and paste” republication of my posts or recipes without prior consent. However, I don’t mind people sharing links back to the original recipe posted on ChickfoodTV.
- WHO TAKES THE PHOTOS AT CHICKFOODTV? I take all the photos on ChickfoodTV, unless indicated otherwise. They are also protected by copyright and all rights are reserved. See my recipe & photo sharing policy here.
- CAN I USE A PHOTO FROM YOUR SITE? I spend a lot of time trying to get the perfect shot. You must request permission beforehand and you must include a link back to ChickfoodTV and the original recipe. I don’t allow my photos to be used as stock images or clip art.
- HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH THE RECIPES? I get inspired by magazines, books, dining out, and friends telling me they could never go vegan because that would mean giving up some of their favorite dishes. This inspires me to find a way to “veganize” it. I also entertain often and make many of the more elaborate recipes for guests. Oh, and I never show up at someone else’s gathering without bringing an amazing vegan dish or two. My hope is to share many practical recipes for everyday use, along with fun and creative ideas that I’ve dreamed up.
- DO YOU EAT YOUR ACTUAL RECIPES? Yes, I test all of my recipes multiple times before they ever reach this site. I don’t post recipes I wouldn’t eat and enjoy myself. I once tried someone else’s recipe for mushroom gravy and cauliflower potatoes and it was terrible. I wondered if they even tried it? Yes, we all have different taste buds, but I have to personally love it to post it. Note: Recipes on this vlog are not representative of how I eat all of the time. Most days when I am not recipe testing I am happy with simple meals like salads with kale or arugula. Quinoa, lentils, avocados, and chickpeas are staples in my diet, along with raw foods like fruits, veggies, nuts, and green drinks. And, because I am so busy, I also like to batch cook soups and baked goods for the week.
- DO YOU HAVE A COOKBOOK? Not yet, but it is a dream of mine and I hope to someday, in the near future.
- WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE GADGETS AND MUST HAVE PANTRY ITEMS? Oh, I have so many favs and dream of having many more, but I will definitely need a bigger kitchen. But, in the meantime, here is a list of my current favorites.
- WHAT CAMERA OR EQUIPMENT DO YOU USE FOR YOUR FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOS? You can see a list of all the equipment I use in the shop tab under photography/video.
- HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU? If you have a recipe question? You can leave a comment at the end of each recipe post, or use the contact form for anything else. I do my best to reply to all the messages I receive, but sometimes life gets a bit hectic and it might take me a week or so to respond. I apologize, in advance, if that happens.
- HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE TO CHICKFOODTV? There are a few options, all of them free. You can subscribe to the ChickfoodTV newsletter. It is sent out at the end of each month and includes news and announcements and a recipe recap for the month. I respect your privacy and your email will never be used for any other purpose than sending you news from ChickfoodTV. You can also follow me on social media using the icons in the side bar.
- YOU MENTIONED ON YOUR “ABOUT” PAGE THAT YOU WORK IN THE TELEVISION INDUSTRY. WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY WORKING ON? I won’t be posting much about that here, unless it pops up on one of my “Blog” posts and is relevant to the plant-based lifestyle. If you are interested, you can follow my personal social accounts for updates on what I am currently working on. Instagram @impattymalcolm Twitter @patty_malcolm I also have a professional FB page under my name.
- WHY DON’T YOU PROVIDE NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION? I don’t provide nutritional information for my recipes mostly because of my time restraints. After developing a recipe, testing it, writing a post, photographing it, shooting the video, and editing it, I rarely have time for much else (girl has to get to the gym from time to time). I understand that some people wish I did, and maybe in the future I will (if I get an assistant). For now, I like to focus more on how the food makes you feel and how it well help you transition into more of a plant-strong lifestyle. I still use sugar, gluten occasionally, and fat-rich sources like avocados, coconut, nuts and oils. I believe a balanced diet and exercise allows for these treats some times. Please feel free to calculate the information for yourself or other readers who are curious and leave it in the comments section of the recipe, if you like.
COMMENT POLICY I really appreciate your comments and feedback. My readers mean so much to me. Because I want my site to be a positive place for everyone, including my readers, family, friends, and myself, I will be removing all offensive, inappropriate, or cruel comments. Better yet, I would greatly appreciate them not even being posted. Thank you for keeping this a positive place. Thank you for respecting these policies.